Category: Extra Care For Costly Items
By signing your relocation contract with Swindon Cricket Moving Bros, we will send you your boxes and all the necessary equipment for your move.
Once the material is received, start putting in the moving boxes all that is not essential, sort your documents and scan the most important ones.
Below is our handy guide on what you need to pack for moving your kitchen. The kitchen can be a little different from the rest of the house with all the large items involved so please do be careful when dealing with bigger items. If you want even more tips and trick then why not read this handy guide on moving and unpacking your kitchen by thekitchn.com.
J -1 week
- Send your mail back to your new address: for approximately $30 and upon presentation of an identity document, the Post Office will reship it to your new home for six months.
- Notify the concierge and your neighbors of your departure.
- Begin storing the everyday items in your moving boxes.
- Shoot fragile objects and furniture.
- Pick up your blinds and curtains.
- Start cleaning the dwelling.
- Reserve the parking spaces needed for the day of the move.
J -1 day
- Defrost the fridge (Ideally, it should be done two days before).
- Put away essential items always keep on you as your identity card, passport, credit card, etc.
- Plan food and water for the day of the move.
- Make sure everything is ready before D-Day.
D-Day (The day of the move)
- That’s it, the day of the move has arrived
- Make sure that the access is not blocked for movers.
- Shut off the water supply.
- Turn off the electricity.
- Remove your name from the door, doorbell, intercom, and mailbox.
- For the rest, the moving company Swindon Cricket Moving Bros
- takes care of everything.
- Talk to the town hall to get new documents: identity card,
- passport, voter registration card.
- Take care of your children’s enrollment formalities (creches, schools, etc.).
- Send your reservations (within three days) by registered mail with AR in case of a wrong move.
- Send the moving invoice to your employer.
- Indicate your change of address to your insurance companies (Auto, Mutual, etc.).
- Look for useful addresses near your new home: doctor, dentist, hospital, post office, etc.