The Check-List Move By Swindon Cricket Moving Bros
Planning a move requires the organization and a specific schedule for it to happen in the best possible conditions. Discover all the formalities and the preparations to be made in the months, weeks and days before your move with our Check List moving.
In addition, you will also find the list of things to do when you move to. You could also save this page as a PDF (or bookmark it) so that you can organize your moving schedule with complete peace of mind. Regardless of what you’re planning just make sure that when you deal with the removals for your home that you use a reputably moving company in Swindon. There are lots of cheap companies out there and the last thing we want for you to is get stung.
J -3 months
- If you are a tenant, first send your notice to the owner by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt to inform the landlord that you are about to move.
- If you own and sell your condominium apartment, ask your condominium trustee for your account.
- Find out about the places available in schools and daycare for your future home.
- Contact Swindon Cricket Moving Bros to get your quote and arrange a date for your move.
J -2 months
- Ask at least one day off from your employer. Check with the latter if you can benefit from a moving leave.
- Ask for the possible support of your move by your employer.
- Notify your bank branch of your move by communicating your new address.
- Inform your family and friends of your next move.
- Learn about your new city or neighborhood
- Start sorting out what you will bring, what you will sell and what you throw or donate to associations for example.
- Have a Swindon Cricket Moving Bros agreement to organize your move.
J -1 month
Prioritize the following public bodies:
- Tax Center
- Primary Health Insurance Fund
- Family Allowance Fund. Especially if you are a recipient of housing assistance
- Employment center
- The pension fund
- Cancel your EDF-GDF subscription for the day after your departure and do not forget to take out a new subscription for your future place of residence.
- Plan for the change of address for your internet and telephone subscription and inquire beforehand about the possibilities of connecting to the internet at your new home (ADSL, fiber, etc …)
- In general, have the address of all your accounts changed (TV, press, etc.)
- Tenant, if not done earlier, make an appointment with your real estate agency or your landlord to define the date of the inventory.
- Subscribe to home insurance for your new home.
Start Emptying Your Freezer And Cupboards
By signing your relocation contract with Swindon Cricket Moving Bros, we will send you your boxes and all the necessary equipment for your move.
Once the material is received, start putting in the moving boxes all that is not essential, sort your documents and scan the most important ones.
Below is our handy guide on what you need to pack for moving your kitchen. The kitchen can be a little different from the rest of the house with all the large items involved so please do be careful when dealing with bigger items. If you want even more tips and trick then why not read this handy guide on moving and unpacking your kitchen by thekitchn.com.
J -1 week
- Send your mail back to your new address: for approximately $30 and upon presentation of an identity document, the Post Office will reship it to your new home for six months.
- Notify the concierge and your neighbors of your departure.
- Begin storing the everyday items in your moving boxes.
- Shoot fragile objects and furniture.
- Pick up your blinds and curtains.
- Start cleaning the dwelling.
- Reserve the parking spaces needed for the day of the move.
J -1 day
- Defrost the fridge (Ideally, it should be done two days before).
- Put away essential items always keep on you as your identity card, passport, credit card, etc.
- Plan food and water for the day of the move.
- Make sure everything is ready before D-Day.
D-Day (The day of the move)
- That’s it, the day of the move has arrived
- Make sure that the access is not blocked for movers.
- Shut off the water supply.
- Turn off the electricity.
- Remove your name from the door, doorbell, intercom, and mailbox.
- For the rest, the moving company Swindon Cricket Moving Bros
- takes care of everything.
- Talk to the town hall to get new documents: identity card,
- passport, voter registration card.
- Take care of your children’s enrollment formalities (creches, schools, etc.).
- Send your reservations (within three days) by registered mail with AR in case of a wrong move.
- Send the moving invoice to your employer.
- Indicate your change of address to your insurance companies (Auto, Mutual, etc.).
- Look for useful addresses near your new home: doctor, dentist, hospital, post office, etc.